WHAT'S NEW WITH UNCLE PHIL ...
For those who might be interested, I'll try to keep this area current with what my near future rides are and other such trivia. If I'm going to be in your area, drop me an e-mail at UnclePhilus@hotmail.com and if possible we can grab a bite to eat. Hope to see you on the road!
Planned Rides And Such
1. The arterial clearing surgery on my leg did not work long as the leg blockage is back with no good surgical option. It is painful but not bad enough to stop me from riding at this point. I was able to make my ride to Newfoundland and Nova Scotia of 6,636 miles between hand surgeries and have finished the story here.
2. The ride to the Blue Ridge Gathering at Cruso, NC is an annual event that I have hosted for the last seventeen years. Nothing formal, just some folks meeting up to ride and eat, and eat and ride. We meet at the Moonshine Campground near Sylva, NC and folks seem to have a good time. We had close to 50 folks show up last year. I am really looking forward to doing it all again this October. We'll be having it again at the same place since Miss Dana and Jim are kind enough to let us come back.
3. My knees are doing just fine and I can honestly say that I would not know that I had a replacement if it were not for the scars and some activities that I avoid to prolong the life of the implants. Currently I am walking three miles a day. I am hoping work my way back up to ten miles biking as I was doing before my aneurysm repair surgery.
4. I was able to sneak in a short ride at the end of January which was refreshing.
5. I got in another ride to visit a bit of history as the weather turned really nice.
6. I have finished my History Ride that retraces the steps of my great, great grandfather, J.K.P Lowrance, as he joins the 17th Tennessee Infantry as a lad of 16 to fight for the Confederacy. We visit the historical sites in the order that he visited them and stand as close as we can to where he stood. Come along for our walk back in time!
With my surgeries in 2018, I got in 14,531 miles - more than I expected to get to ride. I still have my eyes on a run down Highway 6 sometime in the future. I am planning to make a 'history' ride to retrace the steps of my great, great grandfather as he fought in the Civil War in May. So keep tuned in, cause you just never know where I might show up ....
You can reach me at UnclePhilus@hotmail.com anytime as I check it daily unless I'm on the road. If you have questions about the site, or touring, places I've been or such, I'll be glad to share what little I know. Thanks for stopping by!